Grid-Tied Solar System
With a grid-tied photovoltaic (PV) solar system, you can enjoy reduced energy cost by powering your home with clean electricity produced by the sun. Trust the experienced solar installers at Belmont Solar to expertly design and install a solar system for your home and connect it to your utility so you can count on uninterrupted supply of electricity.
Unlike our off-grid solar systems, a grid-connected solar system works in conjunction with your local utility provider.
Here’s how it works:
- During daytime, solar-generated electricity runs from the system to your home’s main power panel. The energy you use in your home comes from these panels.
- Any unused energy goes to the power grid and is used by your neighbors.
- At nighttime, energy from the grid is used to power your appliances and lights. This means you can enjoy electricity even when your panels are not able to produce.
- Thanks to net metering, the energy you put back into the grid can offset the cost of the electric you pull from the grid. This means you can significantly reduce or even eliminate your annual electrical costs from the utility company.
Five reasons to install a grid-tied solar system:
- Reduce impact on environment
- Enjoy generous incentives and subsidies
- Save money on energy costs
- Protect against future price increases
- Increase value of property
Learn the difference between grid-tied, off-grid, and hybrid solar energy systems.
Experienced Solar Contractor in Lancaster, PA
Founded in 2001, Belmont Solar has been installing off-grid and grid-tied solar systems for our Lancaster County neighbors for 15 years. Our team of knowledgeable technicians have received advanced training in electrical systems and designing solar systems, and we are a NABCEP-certified installer.
The Solar Consultation: What to Expect
When you schedule a free consultation, we will start with a phone call with one of our solar consultants. He will ask you for a few pieces of information, including:
- Your address
- Your average monthly utility costs
- Your tentative budget
With this information, we can quickly estimate the size and scope of a project. Within a day, we will send you a link to an online proposal, which will lay out the size and generating capacity of a system, as well as a satellite view of your home and where the panels would be installed. Based on this estimate, there will be a breakdown of the cost of your system, potential incentives and tax breaks you qualify for, and the estimated payback of the system. We’ll even include a tentative schedule for designing and installing your system.